Monday, September 26, 2011 Savoring Summer




[Dress: Pinko 1988] [Skirt: Max Mara] [Belt: J. Crew] [Shoes: Frye] [Sunnies: Tom Ford] [Purse: Vintage Coach] [Jewelry: Vintage, Omega, Own Design (thank you Julian!), Banana Republic]

Such an incredible, perfect weekend {sigh}.  For the past three years, I have been in law school, and in law school, there is always a mean little birdie on your shoulder whispering in you ear, "You shouldn't have another glass, you have X, Y and Z, and then A, B and C, to do tomorrow."  Not that I haven't had many great days and nights during school, but a carefree day of meandering from cafe to bar, and then to another bar, and another, was rare upon rare.  I think a major part of how wonderful the day was, apart from the warmth of summer coming back again, was that we set out from the house with no plans. From Saturday's wine, cocktails, champagne and more wine, surprisingly, Sunday turned out to be just as wonderful, but in a less alcohol involved way.  I think we are settling into something good here.

Even in the humidity of the summer, Parisian's wear scarves.  I took a note from their book and wore a rich orange (and slightly too warm) Zara scarf, which will fit in even better for Fall.  The skirt is actually my skirt from my senior prom!  Not that I care about my age, but prom did not happen yesterday for me.  I love when I buy/invest in a beautiful item and so many good memories happen in them.  But that logic can lead down a dangerous road.

7 comments:

Sheva Schuck said...

Alex- I love your blog!! and your style- tres chic

Juleytl said...

*Sigh* to be in Paris right now...

CJAJ09 CJAJ09 said...

the scarf really brightens it all up. beautiful.

http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com/

Gorgeousglam said...

I love the Zara scarf, you look fabulous dear! xo

Jenn said...

I have that Coach purse! A hand-me-down from my mother, it still looks amazing!

Love the sunglasses!

Joel Wasserman said...

this should be the theme song to your blog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RLZtpbpAJE

Bowling Green Auto Locksmith said...

This iis awesome

Post a Comment