Friday, September 23, 2011 Holding Off the Cold



[Dress worn as a shirt: Target] [Blouse: J.Crew] [Skirt: Zara] [Belt: J.Crew] [Shoes: Bass] [Purse: Ralph Lauren]

I walk about 40 minutes to my French classes every day and pass through very fashionable neighborhoods and streets, it is Paris after all.  I got quite a few quizzical stares today in this bright orange skirt.  I have been here a little more than a month, but I am going to go ahead and make a generalization.  Parisian's are quite reserved in their use of color, only a dash here and there.   I know 'The Art of Chic' is part of the French grade school curriculum, but most ladies I pass are dressed in shades of black, brown, dark browns and blues (while still looking immaculate and effortless).  I do not think points in school were ever given for their generous use of hot pink or orange.  On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't come to their country expecting them to break out the brights, those shades are reserved for royal sitting rooms and Napoleon's ballroom.  Maybe the bold colors I am looking for are at Versailles.

  

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I love love love that bag!!! We are holding off the heat here in San Francisco, so I wish I could wear a cute fall outfit like yours! Love it!

Shantik said...

You look stunning. I love all your looks!

Would love if you entered our:
♥♥♥  HOUSE OF HARLOW GIVEAWAY HERE ♥♥♥
We reckon youd rock one of these pieces!!! xxx

www.shantikdesigns.blogspot.com

Natassja said...

I so love this look! Such a fun combination of colors and patterns, and I love the menswear loafers. It's so true what you say about the Parisians' love of black! I did a homestay in pays de Loire and later toured Paris. I definitely felt like the Bright American Girl :) It's the same here in Norway; everyone wears head to toe neutrals. Kinda fun to shake things up a bit!

Ly Zhang said...

I love the orange skirt! It's so bright and fun!

http://www.lyzhang.com

I'm also like to add that i'm extremely jealous you're living in France!

Dania said...

love your skirt! your outfit combination is perfect :)

http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

Joel Wasserman said...

you can stop traffic with that skirt!

katnani said...

Love the skirt and the loafers! :D

http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment