Friday, January 20, 2012 Wearing the Closet



























[Jacket: Chloe] [Shirt: JCrew] [Jeans: ON] [Belt & Scarf: vintage, unknown] [Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell] [Gloves: Zara] [Purse: Marc Jacobs]

I returned to Paris to freezing temperatures: hat, gloves, fur scarf, big jacket, socks in my flats!  As a California girl, I don't know how to dress for this weather without wearing ski gear and heading towards the snow.  Any tips - what does Europe wear, or a better question, how does everyone walk around without looking like they are frozen?  Parisians are still so chic and they don't seem to show the cold on their face, while I walk around, teeth chattering and a permanent frozen grimace on mine.

9 comments:

Tulips&Tulle said...

Cute beanie!

Please come by Tulips&Tulle soon!

Neris said...

looking gorgeous hun! those shoes and coat are fab!

Happy Friday!

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

SouthMoltonStStyle said...

Aww my favourite bit of this outfit is the socks - so cute! Such a funky outfit xxx

South Molton St Style

PennyPincherFashion said...

I have no clue either - we moved to NY last winter from the nice warm south & I'm still trying to figure out new layering techniques to stay warm! You look fabulous, though - I think you've got the hang of it! :)

Meredith Howard said...

I love your jacket. I think the must be used to the cold. I'm going to NYC next month from Atlanta, and I'm scared! I'm like you - I feel like I need to just wear my ski clothes.
- Meredith
www.findingsoulbalance.blogspot.com

virtualmakeup said...

Nice style, even in the little details (the panther socks), this is the real elegance, giving importance to these little details.
.........................................

http://virtual-makeup-artist.com/

.........................................

Adéla Koptíková said...

Oh girl! Change shoes! that´s the clue:-)

Crystalin said...

lol, this made me laugh. I'm with you, when it's cold, it's cold! Totally in love with your leopard coat, gorgeous.. Sorry, coming from a fellow cali girl, I have no tips :(

Clea said...

Silk long underwear that you layer under jeans or trousers or maxi skirts (very smooth and light!), bodysuit lingerie (it doesn't clump like a cami or undershirt), wearing tights and then layering a knit knee high sock, leather gloves that are lined, and drinking lots of wine! That's how I got through the harsh Prague wintertimes. =D

Post a Comment