Monday, January 16, 2012 Never-Ending Flea Markets







Paris is known for many things, one of which being, the phenomenal flea markets.  You can find almost anything you think you want or need, and then things you didn't know you wanted or needed, and I found my favorite market yet this weekend.

I have gone to the flea markets in the North, near Porte de Clignancourt, a number of times, and I have never left with anything other than some spices (that I have yet to use).  Part of this is because everything seemed was either over priced, or a knock off of some sort.  But problems solved, I went to the Marche aux Puces in the South, near Porte de Vanves, and finally felt like I found the market for me.  From vintage furs, to rhinestone necklaces, to funky art, tools, Scandinavian furniture, dishes from the 18th century.  The list goes on.  I picked up one of those aforementioned rhinestone necklaces for 10 euros, quite a steal, along with some silk scarves and gorgeous gold tea cups.  All in all a successful trip for me, who otherwise has rarely brought out the money purse in other Parisian flea markets

12 comments:

Tulips&Tulle said...

Looks great! Love the bow ties! I'd appreciate if you stopped by Tulips&Tulle soon!

Pennypincherfashion said...

So envious of those amazing flea markets you get to take advantage of - looks like there are some amazing finds!

Ellewoods25 said...

Really nice post :) I wanna be there and you look so cute :) Loved it! :) Check my blog too! I'll be waiting for you, if you follow me just let me know, because I'll be back for following :) Kisses!

http://lunaparkqueen.blogspot.com

Cassandra said...

Those bow ties! Gosh I love and miss Paris flea markets. Here in LA at flea markets, I feel like a champion if I find one or two good things, but in Paris, great restraint is required for me not to dump all of my belongings and fill up all of my suitcases. Thanks for sharing!

http://itsthelittle-things.blogspot.com

Bdwoutboard said...

Can you send me some stamps? Pretty please???????

Underthefluorescents said...

wish i was at this flea market! so many good finds

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Paula said...

So many cool things! Love the 60s furniture and the layering (outfit- wise)!

www.superclementina.blogspot.com

xx

Audrey said...

Going to a flea market in Paris was one of the things I did not have time for when I was there. I love flea markets and can only imagine how amazing they are in Paris! www.casualglamorous.com

Katherine said...

I love these pictures! I've always wanted to go to a Paris flea market - thank you for sharing :)

Bianca said...

you look so chic girl!! x
ps. you should totally get involved with my giveaway babe. think Erin Wasson - it's way major!! X

clochet said...

I went onces to this flea market and really enjoyed it but didn't buy a thing...
xo,Clochet

teapotcosy said...

These flea markets look, like you said, absolutely phemonemenal! Oh my gosh I want to visit here so badly, everything looks totally cute, especially the bow ties!

xxx

ashandbelle.blogspot.com

Post a Comment