Friday, November 4, 2011 When in Rome












































[Suit: vintage, my grandma's] [T-shirt: Gap] [Heels: Gucci]

There is something about a beautiful and well-tailored suit - no fussy bangles, necklaces or rings, just heavy tweed, a great cut and a little bit of personal history, ready to wear, in a city brimming with world history.

I wore this lady-like ensemble to dinner in a restaurant recommended by a few Italians, and it turned out to be on the site where Julius Caesar was murdered!  Coming from the States, where 100 years is old, this city continues to boggle my mind.  

7 comments:

Jordan Michaels said...

I just ADORE a great suit myself. You look fantastic in this one for sure. LOVE those heels, too!

European history is just so cool, huh? I spent some time there myself so I understand your "boggled mind" for sure. Once sat in a 2,000 year old stadium in Italy that is still used today. Dallas tore down its basketball arena after about 20 years of service. It was apparently out of date? Funny how perspectives on time can be so different, huh?

http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

Lisasignorini said...

you look amazing!
Visit my blog, and if it like u became my new follower!!I follow u!

have a wonderful Friday!
www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

Ly said...

Wow you look super chic. I love your outfit and shoes. The background is just so perfect.

-Ly
http://www.lyzhang.com

Azjhutch said...

What a great looking outfit! Oh, since we started in 1776, history here is actually 200 years old. Not Rome, but still...

Theafternoontea It said...

Hi I love the shoes. If you like Chanel watches visit my blog . If you like it , become my follower. Frances www.theafternoontea.it

thepinupgypsy said...

Wow!! That is your grandmother's suit?!?!! I envy you! It is beautiful and in such wonderful condition. And best of all, it fits you to a T. I wish my grandmother had kept her clothes. Instead I have to thrift and wear other people's grandmas' clothes :)

Ekenny said...

Hi Alex - It's Erin!

Heard about "Gucci Gucci" this morning on my run and had to revisit this older post to take another look. Fabulous. Your blog has become a current conversation topic for my sisters and I and has succeeded in pulling Megan out of her jeans and t-shirts phase into a more fachonable era. We loveit!

Post a Comment