Friday, November 25, 2011 Grateful



[Sweater: Zara] [Skirt: vintage, grandma's] [Belt: J.Crew] [Clutch and necklace: vintage] [Heels: Gucci] [Sunnies: Tom Ford] [Jewelry: Omega, Tiffany's, own design]

I am celebrating Thanksgiving in Paris, one day late, so that my sister could come visit for the weekend.  I can't wait for an entire day of cooking - the warmth, the smells, the sweet potatoes and hot wine, but most of all I can't wait to see her!  Being on the other side of the globe makes this year's Thanksgiving all the more poignant.  I am always grateful for my family, friends and fiance, who all make my life wonderful, but this year I have a different perspective.  While I appreciate the new aspects of my life (i.e., living in Paris and the adventures that come with it), I have a deep sense of appreciation for my home, my country, the gorgeous California hills, the views of the San Francisco Bay, the community.  The list goes on, and hopefully I always remember this sense I have now. Happy Thanksgiving to all, celebrators or not :)




14 comments:

Neris said...

happy thanksgiving and have fun celebrating it in Europe! that's exactly what I'm doing :)

Happy Friday!

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

dicenzo.andrea said...

I love all your colors!! Such a great outfit!

xx

Sarah Heckle said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your bib necklace is adorable :)

PennyPincherFashion said...

Love the necklace and those shoes are perfect!

Audrey said...

Such a lovely post! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving in Paris with your sister! Love your outfit, of course! That skirt is incredible....your Grandmother has amazing taste :-) www.casualglamorous.com

Laura Bergin said...

Your outfit is beautiful, love the colours. Gorgeous blog :)

Laura x

Thefashioninbox said...

The skirt is so pretty!

http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

María José said...

Those colors looks great on you; they emphasize your hair and complexion. BTW, lovely sweater! I like your blog very much and am already your follower. If you like mine, I'd love that you follow me back. XOXO, María José
http://nuarbarcat.blogspot.com/

Anna said...

I heard a quote the other day that i loved and related to and think you would too - "nothing compares to travelling the world but nothing also compares to coming home" - although adventures shape us and are what we all chase down, having an equal thankfulness and gratitude for who and what is back at home waiting for us is also important. You have that balance perfectly it seems. I hope you had a lovely thanksgiving all the way in beautiful Paris with a little slice of home in the form of your sisters visit :)

Anna xo

http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

Kendra said...

Friend! Those shoes are to die for! Are they vintage or could this red-head snag a pair?!

Happy Thanksgiving lovely!
XO

a la mode said...

I love your sunnies, and your pop of green. Beautiful!

Leanna said...

You look beautiful in these pics! I really like your necklace, very interesting.

http://bfashionlee.blogspot.com

Malin Mueller said...

Rah, you have a fantastic style. Love it!

Visit my blog as well if you want to:
http://kiwipferdchen.de.vu
xoxo, Kiwi

Jenni said...

That necklace is so cute! It looks as if it is part of the sweater but is such an elegant piece to add to this outfit.

Post a Comment